The Internet of Things (IoT) is a reality that evolves towards increasingly critical solutions and where the end user requires guarantees of quality and security. Although the IoT is based on networks, protocols and technologies that are known, we should not be fooled by their apparent simplicity: an IoT solution can contain millions of sensors and actuators that can be located hundreds of miles apart and in environments where there is no human being supervision. Guaranteeing quality is a key element in the massive deployment of IoT systems, but its complexity makes it impossible to attack the end-to-end QA with traditional methods. CENTUM has created a new testing methodology for these systems, detailing the elements and types of testing needed to ensure the overall quality of the system. Among the types of testing we do are:
- Performance of sensors and actuators
- Functional testing of sensors and actuators
- Physical and logical safety testing of sensors and actuators
- Local area network coverage maps for information distribution
- Audit of systems on intermediate and final platforms that make up the system.